Sunday, November 23, 2008

Look who turned one!!

The last 12 months have gone by super fast. I keep wondering where the time has gone. Ashlyn turned one this last week (birthday post to come). In some ways I feel like it snuck up on me. It feels like yesterday I just found out I was pregnant with her. Pictures of her just don't display how sweet she really is. We are so blessed by the sweet spirit she has brought into our home. While I miss her sweet newborn smell, and just holding her in my arms for hours....the little toddler she is becoming is so much fun and brings so much joy.


I have to add about this silly bear that I got to take her picture by each month. I thought it was the cutest and decided I would take her picture every 2 weeks by it. By the time she was 6 months old, I said no more 2 week pictures, just month by month. I did a horrible job remembering to do it. I am pretty sure I missed a month or so in there. The more mobile Ashlyn got, the harder it was to take the picture. When I got the bear out today to take her last picture, she was just laughing at the funny bear she had to sit by. She couldn't stop laughing at him and trying to pat his face. After the pictures, I put her down on the ground with the bear, and she picked him up and carried him around. It shows how much she really has changed in the last 12 months. What a cutie.

3 comments:

Angela said...

She really is a cutie pie. I forgot you were doing those pictures with the bear, they turned out great!!

It was fun talking to you today. : )

Becky said...

She is just so cute!!! That is such a great idea with the bear. I should try that. ooh wait, it's too freakin late. Why can't I ever think of these things? My clever friend.

Kristi said...

I just realized I forgot to comment on how much I love the bear pictures. It is so fun to see her change over the months. What a little sweetie!!!