Saturday, April 5, 2008

A trend I would rather not follow.....



nor do I want anyone else in my family too. The other night I got a phone call after just barely leaving the house letting me know that an accident had occured at our house. Zach slipped and fell while getting out of the shower and hit his mouth on the side of the tub. His top two teeth were lose and we had been trying all week to get one of them out. Well, hitting his mouth on the tub did the trick. It did such a good job of knocking out the tooth, that it is nowhere to be found. We are guessing it went down the drain. Zach didn't even know it was gone until Mark told him so. He also got a very fat bloody lip with it. Poor kid. Zach did leave a note for the tooth fairy asking her to still give him money even though the tooth was gone. He also asked for extra money since it got knocked out from falling. I think she obliged him. ;) He was so brave and doesn't seem to be affected by it! I thought maybe it would be hard to eat or he would be embarrassed by his fat lip, but he wasn't. His gums are bruised as is his lip.
Later that night when I was going to bed, I found my Hannah girl still awake and very sad. It seems that Zach's accident was a little too much of a reminder of what had happened to her almost a year ago. The sweet thing is, she was worried about how sad her accident had made her momma. She told me she could still see my sad face when I walked into the nurses office. What a thoughtful girl!
I sure hope that no one else in my family follows this trend of hitting their mouth and knocking out their teeth. :) I am truly grateful though that neither of my kids were hurt worse than they were.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Oh poor Zach!!! I am glad he is not shaken up over it! And how sweet is Hannah to be so concerned about you! Miss you!!!