Monday, April 28, 2008

5 months...


I am as always late on posting 5 month stats. I am just happy I get them done before she turns 6 months. :) This little sweetheart is such a joy in my life. She puts a smile on my face and in my heart. I often wonder how I can slow down time as it seems to constantly be on fast-forward. It has only been 5+ months since Ashlyn as joined our family but it is already hard to remember what life was like without her.

* I don't know how much she weighs this month but she is heavy! She's got the cutest chunky thighs I have ever seen.

*Is wearing 3-6 and 6-9 month clothes. I think she will be out of all 3-6 month clothes soon.

*Naps in her bed. I can lay her down and turn on the lullaby cd and she will go to sleep. Sometimes she fusses and sometimes she doesn't. I am still half swaddling her. She usually kicks her feet out. She likes to sleep with her hands above her head still.

*When on her her back, she almost immediately flips over onto her tummy. She isn't quite sure yet, what she should do once on her tummy.

*Hands are always in her mouth and always wet from being in her mouth.

*Isn't a big crier (never really has been) but is great at complaining when she is unhappy.

*Still doesn't sleep all night long every night.

*She has been waking up really early in the morning. Like around 6:15-6:30. Luckily the last couple days she has slept in a little bit. Mark has been really sweet and takes her so I can get a few extra minutes of sleep.

*Grabs at anything within her reach. Grabs hair, glasses, toys, anything she can get. She always really wants it and then wants to test it out by putting it in her mouth. She also liks to grab our faces. Hannah thinks she is trying to poke her eyes. :)

*I think she is really smart as she is so aware of her surroundings. She is so curious and has to look around to check everything out. She is arching her back and putting her head back if she is trying to see something.

*Has started saying a "G" consonant sound.

*Loves to smile. She will most always greet anyone who talks to her with a big smile. Once the camera comes out though, the smile is gone. I think she is fascinated by the camera and is concentrating very hard to figure out what it is.

*Loves my water bottle and likes getting a drink from it. I bought her a sippy cup and she likes trying to get water out of it. The funny thing is, she wants the water so bad but doesn't know what to do with it once it's in her mouth. It usually ends up all down her shirt.

*Had her first bottle(of mommy milk) from her daddy this month.

*Really likes going outside. Got mad one time when I walked over by the door and didn't go out.

*Stares at us while we are eating. I am curious what she will do next month when she actually get some food.

*Likes it when momma wears her in the mei tai.

*Likes playing in the exersaucer.

*Gets really excited and flaps her arms and kicks her legs.

I know there is more but that's all I can think of for now.

No comments: